Sensitive Skin Care
Sensitive skin is most problematic type of skin because of its thinness. It gets affected to heat or cold very quickly. As a result, people with sensitive skin frequently face the problem of sunburn and windburns.
A person with this type of skin will have a dry and delicate skin. And, he is even very much prone to skin allergies. It is true that sensitive skin care is somewhat difficult, but is not impossible. Therefore, it is important for a sensitive skin person to include skin care measures in his daily regimen.
Sensitive Skin Care Tips
Following are some important skin care tips for sensitive skin person:
- Sensitive Skin Care for Sunburns: As we all know that this type of skin gets affected to heat vey quickly, so it is important to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. A sunscreen lotion with SPF 30 is an effective method in protecting a sensitive skin from sunburns. Try to avoid direct sunlight, particularly the afternoon sun between 10 am to 2 pm.
- Cleaning Your Face: A special care is also required while cleaning your face. You should not over wash your face. It is better to avoid cleaning your face not more than 2 months daily. A soap free cleanser is the best option for cleaning your sensitive skin. This is because soap can cause extra damage to your skin instead of cleaning our face.
- Sensitive Skin Care Products: Being a person with sensitive skin, you need to take special care while selecting skin care products for you as your skin reacts badly to products that don’t suit your skin. Go for skin care products that are free from heavy oils, alcohol, perfumes and additives. A better option would be going for dermatologist recommended skin care products.
- Go Natural: It is always better to use home made natural skin care products for sensitive skin as they will be free of harsh chemicals. Eat fruits and vegetables, which are high in Vitamin A and C as they will help your skin stay radiant. Drink plenty of water; as a result your skin will stay hydrated. Hydrated skin can effectively fight against skin irritations. Some of the natural skin care products are Aloe Vera, almond oil, jojoba oil, cucumber, yoghurt, green tea, etc.
- Avoid Make Up: Try to avoid make up to the maximum extent, as most of the make up products contain harsh chemicals that can affect your sensitive skin. Try to stay natural. You can use concealers for hiding the skin redness. You can also use eyebrow pencils as they are made of wax, so there won’t be problem in treating sensitive skin.
- Other Tips: Go for clothes made of natural materials such as cotton or silk, instead of clothes made of synthetic fiber. You can also go for wool, unless and until you find it irritating your skin. You also need to avoid spicy food. Wear gloves while working in garden.
You can effectively solve your skin care problems by following the above sensitive skin care tips.