Acne scar is nothing but damage of collagen present in skin due to inflammation, which ultimately results in permanent skin texture change. Acne scar depends on the skin type.
An African American person, Hispanic person, and a person from Middle Eastern descent are at higher risk. Where as, an Asian, and a Caucasian person are at lower risk to these acne scars.
Types of Acne Scars
Acne scar is of different types, which include:
- Ice pick scar, which are deep pitted scars with steep edges
- Atrophic scar, which are pitted scars with smooth edges
- Hypertrophic scarring, which are the thick lumpy scars that settle down on the surface of the skin. These are commonly found on a person’s back and chest.
Acne Scar Treatment Methods
There are several Acne scar treatment methods available in skin care market. The following are some the effective acne scar treatment methods:
- Chemical Peels: This is the most widely acne scar treatment method. This is also known as chemical resurfacing. This treatment method is very effective for treating small depressed scars, and also for treating existing acne. You cannot expect to show immediate visible results using this technique; it takes several treatments before you can notice any change.
- Subcision: This is another type of Acne scar removal technique. This method is very effective for treating atrophic scar. In this technique, under local anesthesia a needle will be inserted under the scar. Next, the needle is moved gently underneath the skin, which results in scar tissue release.
- Fillers: In this acne scar treatment method volume is added to your skin. This is nothing but flattening of acne scars. It is possible to improve the appearance of your skin by flattening your acne scars, but, it provides only temporary effect to your skin. You need to inject these fillers regularly for maintaining the effect.
- Dermabrasion: This is one of the most effective methods for acne scar removal. This method is simply mechanical resurfacing of skin. In this process outermost layer of skin is removed, which results in improved appearance to your skin. This treatment method is very effecting for treating deep acne scars. Dermabrasion is of two types namely Motorized Dermabrasion, and Manual Dermabrasion.
- Microdermabrasion: This is another effective technique for acne scar removal. Similar to dermabrasion, outermost skin layer is removed even in microdermabrasion. The only difference id that, in this method aluminum oxide crystals are used for removal the outermost skin layer. You can have a beautiful healthy looking skin with this technique.
Natural Acne Scar Removal Tips
Along with the acne scar treatment techniques mentions above, you can also used natural techniques for acne scar removal.
- Firstly, one of the best techniques for removing these scars is by drinking plenty of water. You need drink at least 8 glasses of water daily.
- Eating a balanced diet can also help you in removing acne scar. Add all nutritious food to your diet.
- Apply Vitamin E oil to the scar.
- Applying Rosehip seed oil can also help you in effective acne scar removal.